Euro 2020: Czech Republic vs Denmark prediction and betting tips (July 3)
Czech Republic earned the Euro 2020 quarter-final spot to repeat their success at Euro 2004 against Denmark in Baku on Saturday.
Czech Patrick Schick at Euro 2020
Czech Patrick Schick at Euro 2020
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

Jaroslav Šilhavý, head coach of Czech is confident in his squad, who are full of desire to continue their way at Euro 2020, whereas Denmark — after a hard but glorious group stage — is ready to destroy its opponent on 3 July 2021 by local time at the Bakı Olimpiya Stadionu in Baku.

Online betting sites are sure that the game will be close. But there is a favorite in this fixture and it is Denmark. Bet on the Danish team to win in 90 minutes comes with the odds of 2.12 (+112 American), whereas the same outcome for Czech Republic goes with the odds of 3.96 (+296), which are equal to probability of 47.2% and 25.3%, respectively. Draw goes with the odds of 3.30 (+230) and approximate probability of 27.5%.

Qualification odds are as follows: Czech Republic — 2.50 (+150 American), Denmark — 1.54 (-185). Czech Republic's chances to repeat their previous result at Euro against Denmark are 34.5%, while Denmark's chances to beat their opponent are 65.5%.

Will Patrik Schick win the match for his team again, or Denmark's players are perfectly ready for Czech's attacks and will score again? Let's check.

Match preview

Jaroslav Šilhavý's boys won over Scotland in the first match of the group stage. Generally, their group stage results were predictable. There was a draw against Croatia (1-1), failure against England (0-1) and the above-mentioned victory. In the Round of 16, they surprisingly eliminated Netherlands (2-0), after Matthijs de Ligt caught a red card for handball. Odds of the Czechs to win that match were 6.10, with the probability around 16%. Now it is higher

A total of goals under 2.5 played out in the last 4 Czech Republic's matches. Its players have not scored in 3 of the previous 5 matches between them and Denmark, but Borek Dockal and the team have won recent head-to-heads at Euro. The fact will boost their morals.

Danish Dynamite had a problem in the first match of the group stage. Its playmaker Christian Eriksen collapsed on a field, but luckily survived what happened to be a cardiac arrest. Denmark lost 2 matches in the group stage but beat Russia (4-1), which allowed it to reach the playoff. Fixture in the Round of 16 was easy: Denmark eliminated Wales (4-0), and for the second time in a row scored four goals at Euro, with first being against Russia (4-1).

Kasper Hjulmand's men witnessed a total number of goals over 2.5 in the last 3 matches in a row and haven’t lost to Jaroslav Šilhavý's men in the last 6 matches.

Latest team news and lineups

Lukáš Provod, Jaroslav Šilhavý's midfielder will miss the next match, because he tore his anterior cruciate ligament and caught radial meniscal tear. Jan Bořil saw a yellow card twice at Euro 2020. Vladimír Coufal, Lukáš Masopust, Adam Hložek caught yellow cards too.

Czech Republic assistant coach on Denmark: “I dare say that diamond will cut diamond. Two teams that base their football on teamwork and intense bursts of pace. Both try to counter opponents' higher individual skills using these assets. We have similar weapons.”

Simon Kjær and Yussuf Poulsen may skip the next fixture on the Danish side, because they damaged their femoral muscles. Mathias Jensen, Mikkel Damsgaard, Daniel Wass and Thomas Delaney caught yellow cards.

Denmark coach, about facing the Czech Republic: “It will be a very big challenge. I think they are a good team who I have followed with great interest over the last few years, as I've also watched Slavia Prague and how they've done in Europe.”

Probable Czech Republic lineup: Tomas Vaclik, Tomas Kalas, Ondrej Celustka, Jan Boril, Vladimír Coufal, Tomas Soucek, Tomas Holes, Lukas Masopust, Jakub Jankto, Antonin Barak, Patrik Schick.

Probable Denmark lineup: Kasper Schmeichel, Andreas Christensen, Joachim Andersen, Jannik Vestergaard, Joakim Maehle, Jens Stryger Larsen, Thomas Delaney, Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg, Mikkel Damsgaard, Martin Braithwaite, Kasper Dolberg.

Key players

Patrik Schick is the top scorer of Euro 2020 as of now. He scored all his team's goals in the group stage, as well as a goal in the first playoff match. Generally, he scored 4 goals in 326 minutes and has 8 shots on target. There is a high probability that he will score again.

Kasper Dolberg scored 2 goals in 100 minutes and has the highest goal per minute rate at Euro 2020. Both goals he scored came in the first playoff fixture against Wales. He must be in the start lineup for the match.

Yussuf Poulsen, the second Denmark's forward, scored 2 goals in 212 minutes with 2 shots on target only, which means that he succeeded every shot on target he took.

Betting tips

Denmark haven’t lost to Czech Republic in the last 6 matches and look very self-confident. This team's defenders show formidable form, whereas wingers launch masterpiece attacks.

Denmark to quality for the next stage with odds of 1.54 (-185 American)

Patrick Schick shows incredible individual prowess and is destined to score again. He will be in the start lineup for sure, with enough time and opportunities to show his level of playing.

Patrick Schick to score at any time with the odds of 3.50 (+250 American)

These teams have a similar playing style: very fast, and counting every moment in the opponent's penalty area. Looking at previous predicts, it is logical to await this outcome:

Both team to score — Yes with the odds of 2.22 (+122 American)

FootballUEFA Euro 2020. Quarter-final
Czech Republic — Denmark
Both team to score — Yes
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!