Euro 2020: England vs Denmark prediction and betting tips (July 7)
England is getting ready for the final push to make the “It’s Coming Home” dream real for their fans, and Denmark is now on The Three Lions' way from Wembley to Wembley.
Jordan Pickford at Euro 2020
Jordan Pickford at Euro 2020
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The England national team has the most expensive roster. Beating them in the semi-final of Euro 2020 will be a real challenge for Denmark. And now it’s time to come up with a prediction and betting tips. The England vs Denmark fixture will take place on 7 July 2021 at the arena of Wembley — same venue where the Euro 2020 final is ought to be played too.

The winner of this match will meet either Italy or Spain in the finals.

Latest odds on betting sites

England is the highest rated squad amongst all semis teams. Expectedly, English team is the favourite of online bookmakers in the next match. The Three Lions to win in 90 minutes is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133 American), whilst Denmark's win comes with the odds of 5.50 (+450). The chances of these outcomes are 57% and 18%, respectively. Draw is priced with the odds of 3.68 (+268), which equals an approximate probability of 25%.

Qualification odds are as follows: England — 1.33 (-303), Denmark — 3.28 (+228). So the chances to get into the final stage are 75% to 25% in favour of England.

Will Denmark be able to stop England in this match or will they be defeated?

Match preview

England won 2 matches and tied 1 game in the group stage. In the playoffs phase, they won over Germany (2-0) and Ukraine (4-0) to qualify for the semis. The Three Lions have played the last 8 matches to nil and have been undefeated for 11 consequent matches

However, Denmark may prove an inconvenient opponent for them. England have lost 3 of their last 6 matches against the Danish Dynamite and have tied once. But Southgate’s team has the youngest roster at Euro 2020 with many fast attackers. There are 3 English players in the top 15 fastest players of the tournament, whilst Denmark have only 1 player there.

That said, Gareth Southgate's men have more of a passive, sterile and even dull playstyle. They came up with 4 goals against Ukraine, who had already jumped over their heads. But this was as much as a half of all the goals scored by the Three Lions at Euro 2020. They have scored 8 goals in 5 matches, in spite of the fact that they have won 4 of those.

This playing style may be a problem for themselves, because Denmark plays actively and tries to keep the ball in the rival’s penalty area. Denmark have created 67 chances in a penalty area, whilst England have created 30 only. The Three Lions have won to nil in 9 of their last 11 matches. England to win to nil is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+250 American).

Denmark won only one fixture in the group stage and was lucky to finish second with two lost matches. They proceeded through the Round of 16 against Wales in style, scoring 4 goals for a second time in a row. And then they beat Czech Republic in a close fight.

Ultimately Denmark have won their last 3 matches and scored 10 goals in these fixtures. The Danish Dynamite have scored in 14 of their last 15 games, with an individual total of over 3 goals on average in these matches. Total of over 1.5 goals by Denmark against England comes with the odds of 5.05 (+405).

On top of that, Denmark won the previous fixture against England (1-0) on 14 October 2020. By the way, this game was also played at Wembley Stadium. But the winning goal was scored by Christian Eriksen who will not play this time due to him being in a hospital.

Latest team news and lineups

Dean Henderson, Manchester United goalkeeper, will skip this game, because he has injured his hip. Bukayo Saka and Mason Greenwood, left-midfielder and right-winger, will not play against Denmark this time because they have leg injuries. Trent Alexander-Arnold hasn't had enough time to recover after a hamstring injury, so he will not be on the roster.

Both teams have no yellow or red cards at the moment.

Probable England lineup: Jordan Pickford, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Luke Shaw, Kyle Walker, Kalvin Phillips, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Raheem Sterling, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane.

Probable Denmark lineup: Kasper Schmeichel, Andreas Christensen, Joachim Andersen, Jannik Vestergaard, Joakim Maehle, Jens Stryger Larsen, Thomas Delaney, Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg, Mikkel Damsgaard, Martin Braithwaite, Kasper Dolberg.

Key players

Harry Kane, England’s captain and centre-forward, had a perfect season in Tottenham Hotspur. But now he is not in his best form. He scored 2 goals in the quarter-finals against Ukraine, so may be up for his real start at Euro 2020 now. Overall, there are 3 goals and 7 goal moments on Kane’s account at Euro 2020 by now.

Kasper Dolberg, a young star of Danish football, scored 3 goals in 159 minutes at Euro 2020 and keeps being the player with the highest goal per minute rate at Euro 2020. He took 4 shots on target and executed 75% of them successfully.

Betting tips

Denmark have the highest number of goals at Euro 2020, whereas England have scored in 13 of their last 15 matches. Needless to say, each of these teams may score again in the head-to-head match.

Both teams to score — Yes with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American)

Denmark have not lost in the 1st half in 17 matches in a row. That said, England plays more passively and safely, and often starts to create chances only in the second half. Chances of the Danish team reaching a break between the halves with a draw or a win are good.

Denmark will not lose in the first half — Yes with the odds of 1.55 (-182 American)

England — Denmark
Both teams to score — Yes
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!