Euro 2020: Ukraine vs England prediction and betting tips (July 3)
Ukraine overcame Sweden with a goal in the last minute of an extra time, just to meet overall favorites England in the quarter-final at Euro 2020.
Raheem Sterling at Euro 2020
Raheem Sterling at Euro 2020
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Three Lions saw some hardships with Germany. In other cases, they have beaten each of their opponents with no big issues. Now they are heading for an incredible fixture against Andrey Shevchenko’s Zbirna in the second match of the playoffs. Ukraine vs England fixture will commence on 3 July 2021 at the Olimpico stadium in Rome, Italy.

England's previous games make them an absolute favorite of online bookmakers. On the international betting sites bets on England to land a full-time win are taken with the odds of 1.45 (-222), probability of 69%. This is the highest chance among all Ukraine`s adversaries at Euro.

Ukraine to win in 90 minutes comes with the odds of 8.50 (+750), whilst the draw goes with the odds of 4.58 (+358 American). Chances of the latter two outcomes are 11,8% and 19,2%, respectively.

Ukraine to qualify for the semi-finals is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400), which equals an approximate probability of 15%. You can take England to qualify for the next stage with the odds of 1.175 (-571) and chances 85%.

Match preview

After losing in the semi-finals of the UEFA Nations League, England is not open to being defeated. This team stays undefeated for 10 matches in a row now. As for now all of the games England played at Euro were wins to nil. This makes England a truly unique team whose keeper saved every shot on target

Gareth Southgate’s squad has kept a total number of goals under 2.5 in their last 6 matches. This outcome in the fixture against Ukraine goes with the odds of 1.80 (-125 American). England finished the last two matches against Ukraine in a tie after winning 8 years ago.

Andriy Shevchenko`s men started the group stage with a close game against Netherlands but lost it a few minutes before the final whistle with a 2-3 score. Then Zbirna eliminated North Macedonia (2-1) and lost to Austria (0-1) in a difficult game, in which they failed to press the opponents and seemed to be morally weak. It was hard to predict that Ukraine would overcome Sweden, in extra time, playing 11 against 10, they won with the 2-1 score.

There were a total number of goals under 2.5 in the last 4 matches between Ukraine and England. Ukraine and England scored in 9 of their last 10 matches. Ukraine still haven’t lost home matches to England, and Ukraine will formally host the next match. Bet on Ukraine not to lose in 90 minutes, or 1X goes with the odds of 3.04 (+204 American).

Latest team news and lineups

Denys Popov, 22-years-old centre-back, is absent at Euro 2020 because he has an injury of the gastrocnemius muscle. Artem Besedin would be sidelined for up to six months because of the knee injury after the first playoff match against Sweden. There may not be enough time to recover for Andriy Yarmolenko and Oleksandr Zubkov who have unclear injuries.

Andriy Yarmolenko, Mykola Shaparenko and Sergiy Sidorchuk have received yellow cards. With that in mind, Ukraine has the least number of yellow cards in the Euro 2020.

Former Ukraine coach Yozhef Sabo shared his positive feeling ahead of the game: “My biggest concern is whether our team will recover because the game against Sweden was so physically and mentally demanding. It was also very emotional, and there are only three days for them to get over it.”

Dean Henderson will skip the match against Ukraine because he has a hip injury. Declan Rice, Kieran Trippier may skip the next match too, having not enough time to recover.

Declan Rice, Kalvin Phillips, Harry Maguire, Philip Foden are on yellow cards.

Gareth Southgate said: “Today has been an immense performance but emotionally and physically at a cost. We have to make sure we recover well and that mentally, we are in the right space.”

Probable Ukraine lineup: Georgiy Bushchan, Mykola Matvienko, Ilya Zabarnyi, Sergiy Kryvtsov, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Oleksandr Karavaev, Taras Stepanenko, Sergiy Sydorchuk, Mykola Shaparenko, Andriy Yarmolenko, Roman Yaremchuk.

Probable England lineup: Jordan Pickford, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Luke Shaw, Kyle Walker, Kalvin Phillips, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Raheem Sterling, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane.

Key players

Oleksandr Zinchenko is a young star of Ukrainian football who was voted the best player of the Sweden — Ukraine match, in which he scored a goal and did an assist. He had one shot only, and this shot was masterfully executed.

Ruslan Malinovskyi hasn’t shined at Euro 2020, but he keeps being the best midfielder in the Ukraine national team. He creates a lot of space for his teammates and makes many shots, unfortunately without a goal yet.

Raheem Sterling is the best attacker in the England national team at Euro 2020. He has scored in each fixture, which England has won at Euro, 3 goals in 336 minutes in total.

Harry Kane is the captain of The Three Lions and the top scorer of the current lineup. Euro 2020 is not as successful for him as the last Premier League season: there he scored 23 goals in 35 matches. His first goal at Euros was scored against Germany in the first playoff match.

Betting tips

Both teams scored in 9 of their 10 last matches and have top forwards in their lineups.

Both teams to score with the odds of 2.42 (+142 American)

Raheem Sterling scored in 3 of the last 4 matches, and he will certainly be in the starting XI against Ukraine. He will have enough time to show his skills and to score a goal.

Raheem Sterling to score at any time with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American)

FootballUEFA Euro 2020. Quarter-final
Ukraine — England
Both teams to score
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!