EuroBasket 2022: Greece vs Czech Republic basketball prediction and betting tips (September 11)
Greece have won nine of the last 10 matches, but lost the last H2H match against the Czech Republic. Who will qualify for the next stage?
Giannis Antetokounmpo scored more than 100 points in the group stage.
Giannis Antetokounmpo scored more than 100 points in the group stage.

The Greece vs Czech Republic fixture in the 1/8 final of the 2022 EuroBasket will take place on Sunday, 11 September 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin.

Latest odds on betting sites

Greece are priced with the odds of 1.10 (-1000 American; 1/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 87%. Italy come with the odds of 7.50 (+650; 13/2) to win this match. The chances of their victory are around 13%.

The latest odds for Greece vs Czech Republic (September 11):

  • Over 166.5 points — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 166.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+12.5) points on Czech Republic — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-12.5) points on Greece — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Over 18.5 points by Giannis Antetokounmpo — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Over 13.5 points by Vojtech Hruban — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Match preview and statistics

Greece destroyed Estonia (90-69) in Round 5 of the group stage.

Greece won the first three quarters, but were defeated by their rivals in the last one. Dimitris Itoudis’s men showed a perfect defence not to give Estonia receive 70 or more points. They completed seven block shots, 15 interceptions and 33 rebounds in defence that made Estonia lose the ball 22 times. Greece finished 30 out of 60 shots successfully to receive 90 points.

Giannis Antetokounmpo was the MVP of the match again. He finished it with +31 efficiency, 25 points, five rebounds and four assists. The next three best scorers in the match were from Estonia. Siim-Sander Vene, Kerr Kriisa and Janari Joesaar received 19, 12 and 12 points, respectively.

Asian handicap (-15.5) points on Greece has played out in four of the last six matches. The same handicap is priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in this fixture.

The Czech Republic beat Israel (88-77) in the last match, to qualify for this stage.

The Czech Republic won the first half by 16 points and did not let Israel level the score in this match. Both teams made 66 shots each, but the Czech Republic scored 33 of them, whereas Israel scored only 30. The Czechs did not control the ball perfectly. They made 29 passes, but lost the ball 13 times and intercepted it only four times. However, they completed 14 more rebounds than their rivals.

Vojtech Hruban received 25 out of 88 points for his team in this match. Tomas Satoransky and Jan Vesely played well in this fixture too. They scored 30 points and completed 15 rebounds together. Tomer Ginat and Yam Madar played well, but they were far from Vojtech Hruban.

A total of over 166.5 points has played out in three out of five matches in the group stage with the Czech Republic participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20).

Greece vs Czech Republic H2H

The Czech Republic won over Greece (97-72) in the final stage of the 2021 Olympic Games qualification. They won the first and the third quarter by 10 and 20 points, respectively and lost five points in the remaining quarters. The Czech Republic finished 62.7% of their shots successfully and completed three block shots and 11 interceptions.

Patrik Auda, Jan Vesely, Jaromír Bohacik and Ondrej Balvin were the best players in the match. They received 75 out of 97 points for their teams. Georgios Papagiannis and Giannoulis Larentzakis were the best scorers for Greece with 14 and 12 points, respectively.

Lineups and key players

Greece projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Michalis Lountzis
  • Shooting guard: Giannoulis Larentzakis
  • Small forward: Kostas Papanikolaou
  • Power forward: Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Center: Georgios Papagiannis

Giannis Antetokounmpo is champion of the 2021-22 NBA and NBA Finals MVP. He received 25 or more points in six of the last seven matches with Greece and scored 41 points in the group stage match against Ukraine.

The Czech Republic projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Tomas Satoransky
  • Shooting guard: Vit Krejci
  • Small forward: Patrik Auda
  • Power forward: Vojtech Hruban
  • Center: Jan Vesely

Vojtech Hruban is the best forward in the Czech Republic. He received 76 points in the group stage.

Prediction and betting tips

Greece are the favourites for this match. They have a streak of six victories and won all matches in the group stages in the regular time. Their key player is an absolute beast. Giannis Antetokounmpo is the NBA star. He received 41 points in one group stage game and has scored at least 25 points in six of the last seven matches.

Greece were defeated by the Czech Republic in the last game, but Greece's roster looks unstoppable in this tournament. Besides, the Czechs have lost three out of five matches in the Group stage with 10 or more point-difference, in spite of the fact that their rivals were much weaker than Greece. Asian handicap (-12.5) points on Greece is a safe outcome due to the current forms of these teams.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-12.5) points on Greece

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Basketball. 1/8 finals
Greece — Czech Republic
Asian handicap (-12.5) points on Greece
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!