PSG vs Angers prediction and betting tips (January 11)
PSG have not lost any H2H matches against Angers. Will a team from the bottom of the 2022-23 Ligue 1 create a sensation in the match against PSG?
Kylian Mbappe keeps being the best goalscorer for PSG with 13 goals in the 2022-23 Ligue 1
Kylian Mbappe keeps being the best goalscorer for PSG with 13 goals in the 2022-23 Ligue 1

The PSG vs Angers fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, starting at 8:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Park de Prince, Paris.

Latest odds on betting sites

PSG are priced with the odds of 1.12 (-833 American; 3/25 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 88%. Angers have an odds of 11.50 (+1050; 21/2) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 8%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 24.00 (+2300; 23/1), which equals an approximate probability of 4%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Angers (January 11, 2023):

  • Over 3.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (+2.5) on Angers — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-2.5) on PSG — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Match preview and statistics

PSG are still the best team in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with 44 points in 17 matches, but they received their first loss in the last game against RC Lens (1-3). Les Parisiens did not play with their strangest roster. There were not Lionel Messi, Neymar, and Achraf Hakimi in the starting lineup. Also, Kylian Mbappe after an incredible performance in the 2022 World Cup did not receive any points in this match.

Unlucky for PSG, Presnel Kimpembe, Nuno Mendes, and Renato Sanches will not play in this fixture due to different injuries. That will make Les Parisiens’ defense much weaker. Also, Achraf Hakimi, who skipped all club matches after the 2022 World Cup may not play in the fixture against Angers.

A total of over 3.5 goals has played out in three of the last four matches with PSG participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.

Angers are the worst team in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. They have only two victories and two draws in 17 matches. Also, they have the least +- index which is equal to -21, whereas Strasbourg, which is the second-worst team has a -11 +- index. Despite these terrible results, Angers is the 12th-best team according to ball control. They have 47.19% ball possession and have completed 7066 passes, which is the 12th-best result too.

Lois Diony is a single injured player on Angers’ roster. He was not bad in the 2022-23 season considering the team’s result. Diony has scored two goals for his team in eight played matches. In Round 17 of the 2022-23 Ligue 1, Angers were defeated by Lorient (1-2). They attacked 51 times and made 15 attempts to score with six on target, but finished only one of them successfully.

Angers have scored five goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to score at least a goal in the next match against PSG.

PSG vs Angers H2H

PSG give no mercy Angers in H2H matches. They have not lost any out of all 18 matches and have won 16 of them. The last head-to-head fixture was finished with a 3-0 score. Kylian Mbappe, Sergio Ramos, and Marquinhos bagged their goals.

Lineups and key players

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnaruma
  • Marquinhos
  • Sergio Ramos
  • El Chadaille Bitshiabu
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Carlos Soler
  • Fabian Ruiz
  • Lionel Messi
  • Neymar Jr.
  • Kylian Mbappe

Kylian Mbappe keeps being the best goalscorer for PSG with 13 goals in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 and seven goals in the 2022-23 Champions League. Also, Mbappe scored one out of three goals in the last H2H match against Angers.

Angers projected starting lineup:

  • Paul Bernardoni
  • Souleyman Doumbia
  • Cedric Hountondji
  • Miha Blazic
  • Yan Valery
  • Batista Mendy
  • Azzedine Ounahi
  • Nabil Bentaleb
  • Sofiane Boufal
  • Abdallah Sima
  • Adrien Hunou

Andy Delort is the best scorer for Angers. He has scored three goals and has made three assists in the 2022-23 Ligue 1.

Prediction and betting tips

Obviously, PSG are much stronger than Angers. They were undefeated for 38 matches before the last match against Lens and have 14 victories in 17 matches of the 2022-23 Ligue 1, whereas Angers have only two victories in the 2022-23 season.

However, most of PSG’s defensemen are injured now and three conceded goals in the game against RC Lens prove that, whereas Angers have scored five goals in the last five matches. I believe that both teams may score in this fixture.

Also, Kylian Mbappe is likely to score. The French forward is the best scorer of all played tournaments and leagues this season and has scored two goals in the last two matches against Angers.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Kylian Mbappe to score

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

PSG — Angers
Kylian Mbappe to score
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!