PSG vs Monaco prediction and betting tips (August 28)
PSG have a streak of 10 victories in a row. They scored seven goals in the last match against Lille. Do Monaco have a chance against Les Parisiens?
Neymar scored five goals and made six assists in three matches of the 2022-23 Ligue 1
Neymar scored five goals and made six assists in three matches of the 2022-23 Ligue 1

The PSG vs Monaco fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 28 August 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc des Princes, Paris.

Latest odds on betting sites

Monaco are priced with the odds of 14.50 (+1350 American; 27/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 7%. PSG come with the odds of 1.20 (-500; 1/5) to take Monaco down. The chances of this outcome are close to 80%. The draw is priced with the odds of 8.50 (+750; 15/2), which equals an approximate probability of 13%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Monaco (August 28):

  • Over 3.5 goals — 1.70 (-133; 7/10)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Monaco — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)
  • Kylian Mbappe to score anytime — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)

Match preview and statistics

PSG destroyed Lille (7-1) in the most recent fixture.

In the first half, the teams played equally, but Lille did not finish their dangerous moment successfully. PSG attacked 17 times and made eight shots with four on target, whereas Lille made nine shots with seven on target. Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi, Achraf Hakimi and Neymar scored their goals in this half.

Paris Saint-Germain attacked incredibly in the first half too. They controlled the ball 52% of the time and attacked 26 times. Les Parisiens made eight shots with five on target. Neymar scored a goal in the 52nd minute, but Jonathan Bamba bagged the first goal for Lille in two minutes. Kylian Mbappe scored the remaining two goals in this match.

PSG have scored four or more goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.35 (+135; 27/20) to score four goals in the next fixture.

PSG team news: Timothee Pembele — cruciate ligament injury, Julian Draxler — knee injury.

Monaco were defeated by Lens (1-4) in the last game.

In the first half, Lens played a bit better. Monaco controlled the ball 41% of the time and attacked 14 times. They made six shots with two on target and finished one of them successfully. Lens bagged two goals in this half. Lois Openda and Deiver Machado scored the first two goals. Benoit Badiashile scored a single goal for Monaco in the 41st minute.

The Monegasques controlled the ball 49% of the time. They attacked 25 times and made six shots with three on target. Monaco completed only six defensive actions, but Lens scored two goals. Seko Fofana scored a penalty in the 55th minute. Also, he helped Wesley Said to score his goal in the 78th minute.

Both teams have scored in the last eight matches with Monaco participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this fixture.

Monaco team news: Myron Boadu — foot injury.

PSG vs Monaco H2H

Monaco beat PSG (3-0) in the Round 29 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They controlled the ball 39% of the time and attacked 46 times. The Monegasques made 13 shots with eight on target and finished three of them successfully. Wissam Ben Yedder and Kevin Volland scored their goals.

PSG’s performance was disappointing. They controlled the ball 61% of the time and made 13 shots with six on target, but did not score a goal. They attacked 49 times and completed 21 defensive actions.

Lineups and key players

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Keylor Navas
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Layvin Kurzawa
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Leandro Paredes
  • Ander Herrera
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Neymar
  • Lionel Messi

Neymar is the best scorer of the 2022-23 Ligue 1. He scored two out of seven goals in the most recent fixture and helped to score two more goals.

Monaco projected starting lineup:

  • Alexander Nubel
  • Caio Henrique
  • Axel Disasi
  • Guillermo Maripan
  • Ruben Aguilar
  • Sofiane Diop
  • Youssouf Fofana
  • Aurelien Tchouameni
  • Gelson Martins
  • Breel Embolo
  • Wissam Ben Yedder

Wissam Ben Yedder is the key player to watch out for. scored two out of three goals in the last H2H game against PSG.

Prediction and betting tips

Monaco have no chance to beat PSG in this match. They have won only one of the last eight matches. They beat PSG in the last H2H match, but Les Parisiens are much stronger at the moment. They have a streak of 10 victories and have scored four or more goals in the last five fixtures. The key players of the roster are in good form. All three top scorers in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 are from PSG.

Neymar started this season fantastically. He scored five goals and made six assists in three matches of the 2022-23 Ligue 1 to be the best scorer in the league. Also, he has scored his goals in the last five matches in a row. This outcome looks safe.

Betting prediction: Neymar to score anytime

Odds: 1.55 (-182 American; 11/20 Fractional)

PSG — Monaco
Won
Neymar to score anytime
1.55
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!