UCL 2022-23: RB Leipzig vs Shakhtar Donetsk prediction and betting tips (September 6)
Shakhtar Donetsk have won four of the last six matches. Will they win this one to receive three points in the first match of the group stage?
Timo Werner scored three goals in the most recent fixture.
Timo Werner scored three goals in the most recent fixture.

The RB Leipzig vs Shakhtar Donetsk fixture in the 2022-23 Champions League will take place on Tuesday, 6 September 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Red Bull Arena, Leipzig.

Latest odds on betting sites

RB Leipzig are priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 80%. Shakhtar Donetsk come with the odds of 7.00 (+600; 6/1) to take RB Leipzig down. The chances of this outcome are close to 14%. The draw is priced with the odds of 13.50 (+1250; 25/2), which equals an approximate probability of 6%.

The latest odds for RB Leipzig vs Shakhtar Donetsk (September 6):

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Shakhtar Donetsk— 2.45 (+145; 29/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on RB Leipzig — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Both teams to score (Yes) — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Both teams to score (No) — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Match preview and statistics

RB Leipzig eliminated Teutonia Ottensen (8-0) in the most recent match.

Domenico Tedesco’s boys attacked perfectly in the first half. They controlled the ball 77% of the time and attacked 89 times. RB Leipzig made 21 shots with seven on target and finished four of them successfully. They did not let their rivals make a shot on target in the first half. Timo Werner scored three goals and helped to score the fourth one.

In the second half, RB Leipzig made 20 shots with 12 on target, whereas Teutonia Ottensen made seven shots which were not on target. Domenico Tedesco’s men attacked 70 times and controlled the ball 71% of the time. Emil Forsberg, Andre Silva, Christopher Nkunku and Dani Olmo bagged their goals in this half.

RB Leipzig attacked confidently in the 2022-23 Bundesliga. They have created 44 chances in penalty areas and have made 43 shots with 23 on target. RB Leipzig have scored six goals and have made four assists in four matches.

RB Leipzig team news: Lukas Klostermann — leg injury, Yussuf Poulsen — muscle injury.

RB Leipzig have scored 17 goals in the last six matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to score two goals in this fixture.

Shakhtar Donetsk beat Rukh Lviv (1-0) in the last game.

In the first half, Shakhtar Donetsk played confidently in spite of the received red card. They controlled the ball 59% of the time and attacked 51 times in the half. Shakhtar Donetskmade five shots with onee on target, but did not finish it successfully. In the 35th minute, Mykhaylo Mudryk received a red card.

Shakhtar Donetsk made three shots with two on target in the second half and bagged one goal. In spite of playing 11 vs 10, Rukh Lviv made only two shots with one on target, and did not finish it successfully. In the 79th minute, Yukhym Konoplya scored a single goal in the match with Valeriy Bondar’s support.

In the 2022-23 season, Shakhtar Donetsk have played only three matches. They have controlled the ball 56% of the time and have made 35 shots with 17 on target. Shakhtar Donetsk have attacked 260 times and have completed approximately 22 defensive actions per match.

Shakhtar Donetsk team news: Viktor Kornienko — torn ligament.

A total of under 1.5 goals has played out in all official matches in the 2022-23 season with Shakhtar Donetsk participating. The same total coomes with the odds of 5.70 (+470; 37/10) in this match.

Lineups and key players

RB Leipzig projected starting lineup:

  • Peter Gulacsi
  • Mohamed Simakan
  • Willi Orban
  • Josko Gvardiol
  • David Raum
  • Dani Olmo
  • Emil Forsberg
  • Hugo Novoa
  • Christopher Nkunku
  • Timo Werner
  • Andre Silva

Timo Werner scored three goals in the most recent fixture. In the 2022-23 season, Werner has scored four goals and has made two assists. Timo Werner scored 11 goals and made six assists in the 2021-22 season.

Shakhtar Donetsk projected starting lineup:

  • Oleksiy Shevchenko
  • Serhiy Kryvtsov
  • Lucas Taylor
  • Valeriy Bondar
  • Yukhym Konoplya
  • Taras Stepanenko
  • Oleksandr Zubkov
  • Oleh Ocheretko
  • Lassina Traorе
  • Danylo Sikan
  • Andriy Kulakov

Yukhym Konoplya has scored one out of two goals for his team in the 2022-23 season. In 11 matches of the 2021-22 season, Konoplya scored one goal and made five assists.

Prediction and betting tips

RB Leipzig and Shakhtar Donetsk have not met each other in H2H matches. Shakhtar Donetsk have won four of the last six matches to nil. However, their rivals were much weaker than RB Leipzig. In the last match, the Red Bulls absolutely destroyed their rivals. Also, they defeated Wolfsburg with a 2-0 score in the last match of Bundesliga.

RB Leipzig have attacked flawlessly in the 2022-23 season. Also, they have scored 17 goals in the last six matches. Their victory looks safe. Also, I believe that Timo Werner will score a goal. He scored three goals in the last match and helped to score one more.

Betting prediction: RB Leipzig to win

Odds: 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Timo Werner to score anytime

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

FootballUEFA Champions League. Group Stage. Round 1
RB Leipzig — Shakhtar Donetsk
Lost
Timo Werner to score anytime
2.00
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!