The Karen Khachanov vs Casper Ruud fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Friday, 9 September 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.
Latest odds on betting sites
Karen Khachanov is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. Casper Ruud comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 60%.
The latest odds for Karen Khachanov vs Casper Ruud (September 9):
- Over 40.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Khachanov — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ruud — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Khachanov — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Ruud — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Karen Khachanov sensationally beat Nick Kyrgios (7-5, 4-6, 7-5, 6-7, 6-4) in the most recent match.
In the first set, the tennis players were absolutely equal. They did not lose more than 30 points per service game in the first 11 games. In the 12th game, Kyrgios made a mistake giving his rival a break point opportunity, which was easily converted by Khachanov.
In the second return game of the second set, Kyrgios reached a 40-30 score to receive a break point and easily converted it to receive a two-game lead. He did not give Khachanov a break point opportunity in the remaining games to finish the set in his favor.
Nick Kyrgios had two break points in the first game of the third set, but Khachanov saved both. In the second game, the Australian tennis player reached a 40-15 score, but did not convert two break points again. Karen Khachanov received three set points in the 10th and 12th games and converted the last one.
In the fourth set, both players were equal. They traded their third return games by converting their first break points after a 40-15 score. In the ninth game, Kyrgios had a break point that could have been the winning one, but he did not finish it successfully. Despite it, he won the set in tie-breaks.
Khachanov won the first two games in the fifth set. Kyrgios had an opportunity to level the score in the fourth game, but he did convert a break point. Khachanov kept his lead to win the set with a 6-4 score.
A total of over 39.5 games has played out in three of the last four matches with Karen Khachanov participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) this time.
Casper Ruud destroyed Matteo Berrettini (6-1, 6-4, 7-6) in the previous stage.
Ruud easily won the first five games in the first set by converting 100% out of two break points. Berrettini won the next game, but Ruud finished the set in the seventh one.
In the second set, Casper Ruud played incredibly too. He won five games in a row after losing the first one to reach a 5-1 score. Matteo Berrettini was close to coming back. He won three games, but Ruud won the 10th one and finished the set with a 6-4 score.
In the third set, Matteo Berrettini won the first three games in a row. He had a break point in the fourth one, but did not convert it. However, he was not able to keep the lead. After a 5-2 score, Ruud won three games in a row. In tie-breaks, Berrettini made a lot of mistakes and it was finished with a 7-4 score in favor of Ruud.
Casper Ruud has lost only four sets in five matches of the 2022 US Open. Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ruud is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in this match.
Karen Khachanov vs Casper Ruud H2H
Casper Ruud destroyed Karen Khachanov (6-3, 3-6, 6-1) in the 1/32 finals of the 2022 ATP Rome. Ruud did not make a double fault and gave his rival only three break points.
Khachanov won 58% and 33% of service and return points, respectively, but he let Ruud receive 17 break points and convert four of them.
Prediction and betting tips
Casper Ruud looks confident in this tournament. He has won four out of five matches in four or less sets, and finished the last set in the match in five sets with a 6-0 score. In the last match against Berrettini, he showed two incredible sets and was able to finish both with a 6-1 score, but did not finish anyone out of three set points successfully in the second one.
Karen Khachanov beat Kyrgios in the last game, but this victory can not be called easy. The tennis players were equal. Kyrgios and Khachanov received nine and eight break points, respectively, but the second player converted two more. Also, Khachanov was destroyed by Ruud in the last H2H match. In spite of the last victory, he is not able to stop Ruud on his way to the final this time.
Also, a total of over 39.5 games may play out in this match. The same total has played out in three of the last four matches with Karen Khachanov participating in this tournament and in two of the last matches with Casper Ruud participating.
Betting prediction: Casper Ruud to win
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 39.5 games
Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)