The Karolina Pliskova vs Aryna Sabalenka fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Wednesday, 7 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.
Latest odds on betting sites
Karolina Pliskova is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Aryna Sabalenka comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to win this match. The chances of her victory are around 55%.
The latest odds for Karolina Pliskova vs Aryna Sabalenka (September 7):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Sabalenka— 2.55 (+155; 33/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Pliskova — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Sabalenka — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Pliskova — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
Match preview and statistics
Karolina Pliskova beat Victoria Azarenka (7-5, 6-7, 6-2) in the most recent game.
Pliskova converted one out of two break points in the second game of the first set to win the first three games in a row, but her rival instantly leveled the score by winning the next three games. Azarenka reached a 40-15 score in the seventh game, but Pliskova saved all break points. After a 4-5 score, the Czech tennis player won three games in a row to win the set with a 7-5 score.
Karolina Pliskova had three break points in the first return game of the second set, but she did not convert them all. Then Azarenka won two more games in a row to reach a 3-1 score. After a 4-2 score, Pliskova came back by winning three sets in a row, but those were not enough. In tie-breaks, Azarenka won the first four points in a row and kept the lead.
In the last set, Karolina Pliskova played incredibly. She did not give her rival a break point opportunity. Pliskova received five break points in three games and converted two of them to win this set with a 6-2 score.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in three out of four matches in this tournament with Karolina Pliskova participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this game.
Aryna Sabalenka kicked Danielle Rose Collins (3-6, 6-3, 6-2) out of the 1/8 finals.
In the first set, Rose Collins won four games in a row after losing the first one. She reached a 4-1 score and did not give Aryna Sabalenka break points in the remaining games to keep the lead. Sabalenka won only 48% of service points and 42% of return points.
Aryna Sabalenka reached a 40-0 score in the fourth game of the second set and finished the first break point successfully. Also, she had four more break point opportunities in the sixth game, but did not convert them. Danielle Rose Collins had four break points in the seventh and ninth games, but she did not convert them, which made Aryna Sabalenka win the set with a 6-3 score.
The American tennis player easily won the first service game of the last set, but then Aryna Sabalenka showed a flawless streak of four winning games in a row. After a 1-4 score, Rose Collins won a return game and was able to start her comeback, but Sabalenka stopped her rival by winning the next two games in a row.
A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in the last five matches with Aryna Sabalenka participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this match.
Karolina Pliskova vs Aryna Sabalenka H2H
Karolina Pliskova eliminated Aryna Sabalenka (6-3, 6-4) in the semi-final of the 2021 WTA Montreal. Also, the tennis players had close three sets (5-7, 6-4, 6-4) in the semi-final of the 2021 Wimbledon. Aryna Sabalenka won two H2H matches against Karolina Pliskova in the 2018 season.
Prediction and betting tips
Aryna Sabalenka has won seven of the last eight matches and has won at least a set in the last 13 matches in a row. In the last match, she beat Danielle Rose Collins who is in good form now. In spite of a bad first set, Sabalenka destroyed her rival in the two remaining sets.
Karolina Pliskova has finished three out of four matches in this tournament in three sets. She was close to being eliminated by Magda Linette in the first round, but was lucky to win tie-breaks with a two-point difference. Also, she had six close sets in the matches against Azarenka and Bencic. Of course, she has won the last two H2H matches against Sabalenka, but her current form is worse than Aryna Sabalenka’s.
Betting prediction: Aryna Sabalenka to win
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)