Australian Open 2022 predictions: tournament preview
Fancy some big time Australian tennis betting? Let's roll then! The Australian Open is the most sizable tennis competition held annually in Australia, in the city of Melbourne. It is one of four annual Grand Slam tournaments and goes first in the season calendar. Traditionally, the AO takes place in January and lasts for two weeks. The venue is Melbourne Park, specially built for this tennis competition. It comprises twenty-four courts located on an area of 20 hectares. All courts are open and have a hard surface.
The upcoming 2022 Australian Open will last from 17 January to 30 January 2022.
Takebet Ghana is bound to provide you with the best Australian Open predictions for the 2022 edition of the tournament, in both singles and doubles, without any charge whatsoever!
There are many notable performers who will take part in the 2022 Australian Open. Below experts have compiled a preview of some who will appear in our Australian Open tennis tips.
Novak Djokovic starts the 2022 tennis season being ranked as the first in the world. The Serb ended last season with 11,540 points and three new Grand Slam titles to his name, including the 2021 Australian Open, where he thrashed Daniil Medvedev (7-5, 6-2, 6-2) in the final. That was the third consecutive Australian Open title and ninth overall for Novak.
Up until now, Djokivic has won 20 Grand Slam titles, 37 ATP Masters tournaments and 86 ATP single tournaments. He is undoubtedly the strongest player among men at the moment, however top youngsters, Daniil Medvedev and Alexander Zverev, pose a threat to his reign.
Daniil Medvedev has all the chances to replace Djokovic as the world’s number one in the next few years, but he still struggles in most of their head-to-head encounters. Last season, the Russian succumbed to the Serb in the final of the 2021 Australian Open.
Daniil Medvedev had a fantastic ending to his 2021 tennis season. Medvedev won the 2021 US Open, getting a final triumph over Novak Djokovic in three sets (6-4, 6-4, 6-4). He reached the final of two major tournaments, the Paris Masters and the ATP Finals. Medvedev also made an invaluable contribution to the Russians’ victory at the Davis Cup.
At the end of the 2021 ATP season, Medvedev had 8,640 points and was second in singles.
Alexander Zverev, the world’s third in singles, finished the last season with 7,840 points. His best career result at the Australian Open is the semi-final of the 2020 AO tournament.
Zverev won the 2021 ATP Finals, reached the semi-finals of the French Open and the fourth round of the Wimbledon. Alexander won the Tokyo Olympics in singles by defeating Djokovic in the semis (1-6, 6-3, 6-1) and Karen Khachanov in the final (6-3, 6-1). On top of that, the German won the Madrid Open, the Cincinnati Masters and a few other ATP tournaments.
Ashleigh Barty is the world’s number one in singles. The Australian is the winner of two Grand Slam singles tournaments, the 2019 French Open 2019 and the 2021 Wimbledon. That said, Barty’s highest result at the Australian Open is the semi-finals of the 2020 edition.
Ashleigh Barty finished the 2021 WTA season with 7,582 points. Apart from Wimbledon, she won two WTA 1000 titles, the Miami Open and the Cincinnati Open. Barty enjoyed moderate success on clay too, winning the 2021 Stuttgart Open and reaching the Madrid Open finals.
The Australian skipped the Indian Wells and the WTA Finals in 2021, so she will be rested.
Naomi Osaka has a strong record at the Australian Open, winning the 2019 and the latest 2021 edition of the tournament. The Japanese, who is now only 13th in the WTA singles, has seen her rankings drop drastically all the way from her world’s number one spot in 2019.
Osaka suffered a meltdown of form, failing to deliver at both 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the 2021 US Open, while being the star athlete of the Japanese Olympic team and the defending champion of the Grand Slam. After the US Open, she even announced a hiatus.
Nevertheless, Naomi Osaka is getting ready to defend her title at the 2022 Australian Open.
Emma Raducanu is a British newcomer who surprisingly won the 2021 US Open, beating Leylah Fernandez (6-4, 6-3). She made her first WTA Tour appearance in June the same year and became the first woman in tennis history to win a Grand Slam tournament while starting from the qualifiers. Raducanu also reached the fourth round of the 2021 Wimbledon.
Emma Raducanu finished the 2021 WTA season as the 19th in the singles rankings with 2,595 points. The new 2022 tennis season may mark her breakthrough as being not random.
Experts of Takebet Ghana provide Australian Open picks for Raducanu and all these star players!
2022 Australian Open betting odds
On Takebet Ghana, you will find Australian Open winner predictions and other outright betting picks featuring all the major favourites of the tournament. Below you will find the 2022 Australian Open tennis odds for singles tournaments of both men and women.
Odds for the winner of the 2022 Australian Open men’s tournament:
- Novak Djokovic — 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)
- Daniil Medvedev — 3.20 (+225; 9/4)
- Alexander Zverev — 4.50 (+350; 7/2)
- Rafael Nadal — 11.00 (+1000; 10/1)
- Stefanos Tsitsipas — 13.00 (+1200; 12/1)
Odds for the winner of the 2022 Australian Open women’s tournament:
- Ashleigh Barty — 5.50 (+450 American; 9/2 Fractional)
- Naomi Osaka — 6.50 (+550; 11/2)
- Emma Raducanu — 10.00 (+900; 9/1)
- Garbine Muguruza — 11.00 (+1000; 10/1)
- Aryna Sabalenka — 11.00 (+1000; 10/1)
Australian Open predictions and picks in detail
On Takebet Ghana, tennis experts provide premium free Australian Open betting tips of few kinds.
Single bets are our main focus, with accumulator Australian Open match predictions being provided too. Each game betting pick constitutes an in-depth article which previews the form of the tennis players, fresh statistics, odds of the upcoming fixture and the relevant news.
There are Australian Open tennis predictions of the outright type, offered alongside match predictions. Australian Open betting tips of this kind are given on the tennis player to win the AO tournament and to reach the final, on the total of matches won by a certain player, etc.
Read on to know more about Australian Open picks for betting from Takebet Ghana!
Betting markets and odds of Australian Open tennis tips
Tennis is one of the most rich sports when it comes to betting opportunities. And as like any other Grand Slam, the Australian Open entails all the possible tennis betting markets.
Here are some betting options Takebet Ghana offers in the Australian Open expert picks:
- 1x2. Tips on the winner of a whole tennis match or any set.
- Over under totals. Tips on the number of games or sets being over or under a particular margin, either total for the match or won by a particular tennis player.
- Handicaps. Bets on a particular tennis player to win a match or any set with a positive or negative handicap (number of games or sets) added to the final score.
- Exact scores. Wagers on the correct score of sets in a tennis match.
- Stat and prop bets. Picks for the number of aces, double faults, break points, etc.
We provide Australian Open 2022 predictions with all types of bets mentioned above. As far as the odds are considered, they vary: single Australian Open tennis tips have odds in the range of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to 3.00 (+200; 2/1) on most occasions, while accumulator odds of Australian Open betting predictions are usually up to 10.00 (+900; 9/1).
Australian Open match predictions
Our signature treat for bettors is analytical articles featuring betting tips on the Australian Open with an in-depth exploration of separate games. Handicappers analyse and forecast matches starting with the first round and finishing with Australian Open final predictions.
Each single bet is upheld by an assortment of carefully picked, relevant information on the players, their physical form and motivation, the latest results and current trends, H2H and more. In our Australian Open tennis picks, experts analyse odds to choose valuable bets.
Australian Open tennis game predictions are published 12 to 24 hours prior to any match.
Outright betting tips: Australian Open winner predictions and more
Among our betting picks for the Australian Open, tips on tournament-long events are offered alongside those for stand-alone games. First of all, there are Australian Open winner predictions: experts research all there is to know about main favourites and dark horses with potential. Secondly, handicappers post picks for the Australian Open that predict how far a particular tennis player will reach, who will meet in the final, bets on totals of aces and such.
Basically, our experts will pick bets on any Australian Open outrights offered by bookies.
Such futures betting tips on the 2022 Australian Open are offered 1-2 weeks prior to kick-off.
Schedule of 2022 Australian Open tips for betting
In 2022, the Australian Open will start on Monday, January 17, and will last until Sunday, January 30. Starting from this season, the Australian Open will host both women's semi-finals on one day and both men's semi-finals on the other in singles. Previously, semis among women were played in the Thursday afternoon session while matches among men athletes were played in the Thursday and Friday evening sessions at the Rod Laver Arena.
Takebet Ghana is bound to predict the full main event of the Australian Open:
- 1st round predictions (day 1 and day 2)
- 2nd round predictions (day 3 and day 4)
- 3rd round predictions (day 5 and day 6)
- 4th round predictions (day 7 and day 8)
- Quarter-final prediction (day 9 and day 10)
- Semi-final predictions (day 11 and day 12)
- Australian Open final predictions (day 13)
How experts analyse Australian Open for tennis predictions
In order to come up with precise Australian Open tips, our team of tennis handicappers performs a thorough examination of the upcoming match based on a range of data points.
Below are the most important criteria considered for Australian Open betting predictions:
- Court surface. The Australian Open has a hard surface. Some tennis players perform on a hard surface better than others, and our experts keep it in mind when analysing all other information — from H2H records to the most recent results. Physical conditions and recent form. Experts take into account current physical form, recent injuries and the latest results of both tennis players.
- Betting odds. Implied probabilities lying in bookie odds are analysed and taken into account in order to choose valuable wagers on Australian Open.
- Motivation. This criterion is worth paying attention to as well: the prize money and the amount of points, personal rivalries, psychological pressure, support — matter.
- H2H. Results of face-to-face meetings at the same tournament, on the same surface as well as the most recent head-to-heads are closely analysed for trends and hints.
- Statistics. When analysing previous games, experts pay utmost attention to such factors as the number of aces, double faults, serve performance, etc. This contributes to the analysis and helps pick Australian Open tennis tips on prop bets.
- News. Experts read interviews and follow all the latest comments made by tennis players about their own form, motivations, results and plans on the upcoming games.
To provide you with first-rate Australian Open tennis betting tips for the upcoming matches, all of the above-mentioned criteria are explored by Takebet Ghana to perform our detailed analysis.
More betting predictions for tennis tournaments
The Australian Open is not the only tournament with tennis betting tips on Takebet Ghana.
Access expert betting picks on the following tennis competitions:
Follow Takebet Ghana and feel free to place a bet on our Australian Open 2022 predictions!